Friday, December 30, 2016

A diptych is worth 2,000 words

Here are the actors in the upcoming Lizzie Borden movie, paired with their historical counterparts.

Lizzie and Chloƫ Sevigny



Bridget Sullivan (the Borden maid) and Kristen Stewart



Abby Borden and Fiona Shaw



Andrew Borden and Jamey Sheridan



Kim Dickens and Emma Borden. Emma was Lizzie's sister. Absent the day of the murders, she was sent a telegram that her father was very ill because it was thought the real news was too shocking to be delivered in that manner. Subsequently, she delayed returning to town until the evening, only to learn he had actually been hatcheted to death, and her stepmother too.

Welcome home.

Kim Dickens in L.A. Times


Jay Huguley and William Moody (junior prosecuting attorney trying to get Lizzie convicted, with Attorney Knowlton)


And Jody Matzer plays Officer Fleet of the Fall River Police Department:

Another character I'm very keen on learning the actor for: Alice Russell. She was the friend Lizzie called for after the murders (rather than, oh say, the police).


. . . .

Don't forget to follow this blog (scroll down or see column on right-hand side) and/or follow me on Twitter (@ErikaMailman) to keep up with news on this movie as I hear about it and read posts about the historical Lizzie Borden. My book The Murderer's Maid is now out in the world. As of this update (Jan. 2018) the book is on the front "new fiction" tables at selected Barnes & Nobles nationally. Or see the links below the book jacket to order.




Other historical novels I've written. To learn more, visit my official website.



. . . .

3 comments:

Don said...

Is it frustrating to see a movie come out about your subject that you didn't get to work on? If someone suddenly comes out with an adventure romance about a runaway slave in antebellum San Francisco I'm gonna be pissed.

(Blogger doesn't let me link to WordPress.)

Erika M said...

It's all good and exciting. Lizzie's in the zeitgeist! My book will come out around the same time as the movie, and I know its take on the Lizzie story is different from mine. When my witchcraft novel The Witch's Trinity launched, many others came out at the same time...I think I have my finger on the pulse of things sometimes. ;) Oh by the way, did I mention I'm working on a runaway slave adventure romance set in...um...Oakland?

Don said...

Hah! No, but if you're somehow on the pulse, then maybe I am too and had better get crackin'!