Thursday, March 18, 2021

Actor Nicole Berry performs Bridget Sullivan, Lizzie Borden's maid

Well, it's been quite the hiatus! Nearly a year later, I'm realizing I ought to have logged "This Pandemic Year." 

I do want to circle back and highlight one of the wonderful literary events I was part of in September 2020, and that was an online reading with Stories on Stage Sacramento. 

This unique series pairs an author with an actor who dramatically reads a story or a book excerpt, followed by a Q&A with the author, actor, and the event organizers. I had the incredible pleasure of hearing an excerpt of The Murderer's Maid: a Lizzie Borden Novel interpreted by Nicole Berry...who did an incredible job of applying a Cork Irish accent to a scene of Bridget Sullivan on "The Day": August 4, 1892, when Andrew and Abby Borden were found murdered in their Fall River, Massachusetts, home. Nicole was absolutely fantastic: I just loved her reading. 

It was also a pleasure to thus be connected with Shelley Blanton-Stroud, Dorothy Rice, Sue Staats, and Jessica Laskey, a wonderful group of arts organizers who make you feel special and beloved! Thank you all for that, from my heart. 

The event was followed the next day by a workshop I taught in writing historical fiction. In non-pandemic years, the series is held live in a theater. I look forward to resuming that practice as an appreciative audience member when that circles back into reality.

In the meantime, here is a recording of the event in its entirety (if you wish to skip straight to the Q&A, it starts at 51:24, but please don't miss Nicole's incredible performance).

Wishing all good health to you and yours!

.

.

.

.

2 comments:

mir said...

hello, I am glad to visit this amazing blog thanks for sharing it with us...
we are always here to design the best websites & logos with a 100% guarantee are you really interested in web designing or logo designing then visit us?
Logo Designers

Haris said...

Wow!
Such a wonderful and helpful blog for me.
Thank you for sharing it with us.
Buy Law Essay UK