Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Beautiful Montpelier

I grew up in the capitol of Vermont, and it is the most beautiful place in the world. I hadn't been back in literally decades before we went two years ago, and this year we returned to see the lovely Fourth of July bunting.




This is the City Hall, which used to contain the police department, but I noted that has moved to a standalone building in its back parking lot.



This is the fire station.




This is a magnificent indie bookstore. There are actually two downtown--amazing for a city with a population of less than 8,000!







And this is a sign in a storefront that cracked me up. Yes: this is Montpelier. Thanks for being a great place to grow up!


. . . .


3 comments:

Don said...

Looks like a neat-o place. My home town in beautiful too, but not in a nestled-in-Vermont kind of way. Only because there's good weather and there have been some interesting architects.

Erika M said...

What is your hometown, Don? I know you're in the Bay Area now. :)

Don said...

I'm in Sacramento, have been for over thirty years, but my home town is Berkeley.